Elfie is here | WILDLY LIMITLESS

Elfie is here

Obie Trice, Real Name No Gimmicks
Two trailer park girls go round the outside,
round the outside, round the outside.
Two trailer park girls go round the outside,
round the outside, round the outside.
Guess who's back...back again...Elfies back, tell your friends.
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back...
Sorry I was channeling  my inner slim shady.
Elfie is here and he is in full swing. He first made his appearance the morning after we bought our  Christmas tree and started decorating it. At our house the elf can't show up until we have a tree because when the lights are lit up on it, it becomes magical spreading the Christmas love.( I will be sharing my Christmas tree reveal later...a few projects to finish.)
The kids were super excited. They have been leaving letters under the tree for Elfie to take back to Santa at night.
 In fact, my daughter was so excited that she wrote (scribbled) a letter to Santa. I then told her to put it under the tree for Elfie. She then ran outside and put it under this tree....I meant the Christmas tree!
I will be updating all the elf adventures a little at a time.
I also want to recap a little of my Thanksgiving.... it spanned over a few days and I am frickin sick of turkey and all the other side dishes.
My Thanksgiving started the day before. Wednesday morning my alarm went off at 5am to start cooking. I was not in love with Tom the Turkey. I must confess that I am COMPLETELY grossed out by raw me. I will not touch it with my hands...so it took me over an hour to get him unwrapped, washed and placed in a roasting pan without touching him. Can you imagine all the way I invented to avoid touching him? Tongs, towels and big spoons were involved. I actually threw a towel over him, grabbed him and threw him in the pan then threw the towel with the heebie jeebies. After he was in the pan I was fine. Seasoned him and put him in the oven. He was good and moist! OH and side note: My husband loved it and I was impressed with myself for my first turkey!
So after I cook all day morning wednesday, we ate by 12:30 and I started clean up.
Thanksgiving morning I jumped up again and had to bake dessert for Thanksgiving at my Dad's house.
I made a coconut cream pie and carrot cake. I didn't get to take a picture of my pie. Epic fail because now I can't post my great grandma's recipe without a picture of it!
While baking the pie and cake, my daughter decided to destroy her room and the dog went diarrhea on my rug! Great start to my day.

After eating at 1:00 I left the kids at papa's house and I was at Toys 'R' Us by 3:00 for Gray Thursday/ Black Friday shopping. It opened at 8pm on Thanksgiving so I was 7th in line! When it got closer to 8pm there were hundreds in line. I sat in a lawn chair waiting in line for 5 hours.
2 years ago I was the very first person in line at Toys 'R' Us for black friday when it opened at midnight.
I am happy to say I got what I went for so it was worth it.


shannon said...

found your blog on the aloha link up! love everything about this blog lady!

feel free to stop by sometime!


Danavee said...

I HATE touching raw chicken. I gag! Blechhh. Feel your pain!

Found you on the blog hop!